Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reflection: Portaportal


When I was given the task of constructing a portal, I had no idea what it was.  I think portals are great way to share great resources that teachers find helpful to their instruction. 
As I began the assignment I began to think of different ways I could  use it in my classroom.  I would love to use portal as a resource for my students.  I would have my portal set up to guide them to links,  that would give them extra practice and a more in-depth explanation of the subject matter at hand.  I also would use this as a cooperative learning task.  This will help students learn how to work together to accomplish a task.  Athough this could be accomplished with traditional group work, working on a portal will allow students to use technological applications.  I would put the students into group and let them create their own resource portals, such as science fair activities, educational games, or research materials.  It would depend on their ages and grade level to what I would have them to do.   I

No comments:

Post a Comment