Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What I Learned About Technology 2

As a student, I grew up in the dark ages.  Although my family was the first to have a personal computer in the home, we did not use it for much.  I mostly played computer games on it.  These games were not like the computer games now, think of frogger and pacman when they first came out.  I had not even heard of the Internet. Technology is so advanced and is only getting better.  We now have technology at our fingertip, through the means of Ipads, Iphones, laptops, and desktops.  It is our jobs a teachers to be as technological savvy as our students and more. By taking this course I learned that there are countless ways to incorporate technology into the classroom.  We as teachers do not have to use technology just for presentational means.   We can instead have our students use these tool to help teach their peers.  It  allows them conduct, and present meaningful information to better their education as well as be informed about technology at the same time. It allows them to work through their frustrations and solve problems.  I learned this lesson my self.  There have been times when I wanted to just give up.  I havee redone work because of mistakes when learning a new program or application, but the mistakes helped me to be a better thinker and problem solver.  Kid can truly learn from technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment